Wednesday 2 May 2012

Optical Grand Re-Opening

As some of you may know, my family is in the eye care business. I've been griping for years on how badly the optical needs a facelift and I finally had my opportunity when my parents were away on a two-week vacation. I decided to redo the optical and give them a surprise on their return.

I didn't do any big jobs, but just basic aesthetic improvements such as fresh paint on the wall and display cabinets, rearranging the layout to increase space and improve traffic flow, installing some DIY lighting and adding a few decorative touches. The result was much better than I expected! My only regret was not taking any "before" pictures....I only took one picture "during" to show the contrast between the original pink walls and new neutral paint colour. Here's the final unveiling. I was going for a boutique look...let me know what you think!

Pink walls? They were the first thing to go!

And Ta-Da...this is the final result after some fresh paint and redecorating!


Window Display - I glued every flower to the branches individually! The tulips are suppose to look like they are springing from the ground. Doesn't it look like Spring?


I took these pictures myself...thank God for iPhone apps!



Floral arrangement I made for the Grand Re-opening

Close up of the floral branches in the window...the frames are meant to look like they are a part of the branches!











Another picture of my floral arrangement





Hope you enjoyed these pictures!
XO, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment