Friday 10 February 2012

Sleepless...

I cannot sleep. My mind is buzzing with a myriad of thoughts, each screaming for my attention, dancing around like little ballerinas in my head. Warm milk, lavender aromatherapy, a relaxing bath...all to no avail...for tonight, Sleep is hiding from me and does not want to be found. My mind will not allow me to rest. Words pour out from my thoughts through my fingers, taking on a life of their own. I beg for relief from this incessant mind chatter. I yearn for silence.

How I long to be in that place between wakefulness and sleep, reverie and dream, where imagination runs rampant and dreams become reality. How I long to reach that peaceful space of a meditative trance. But alas, even my relaxation technique of meditation has evaded me.

Tonight, a culmination of thoughts, phrases, memories, song, theories and philosophies, questions and answers (questions with NO answers!) convolute to haunt my mind. Tonight, I will find no solace in writing, for it will only be a chaotic mess of fragmented thoughts. Yet I cannot stop. The words keep flowing, the ideas keep coming...marching like soldiers, one after the other....

Where will I find my release? When will Slumber find me?

No comments:

Post a Comment